terça-feira, 11 de março de 2014
Breaking Bad, at last!
Finally, I'm hooked to Breaking Bad. It took me a while, almost 4 out of 5 seasons actually. I just finished watching s04e07, Problem Dog. I can say, it is spectacular, specially the closure of the episode (how thrilling!).
Why it took me almost the whole series to be amazed? Guess it was the excess of expectations. Ever since 2013's Emmy, some friends of mine couldn't talk about anything else. The word I saw the most to describe the series was "genius". To be honest, I haven't seen anything genius until the present moment. What I've seen was a pretty well-constructed screenplay, a great cast and some really friendly characters. Nothing genius in that, though.
I can't help it to compare with another series I've seen in the last months: Dexter. The plots are similar in many levels. Both are about an anti-hero, going through wrong paths and deceiveing their closest. While Dexter series suffered with uneven seasons (why season 3 was ever created for?), Breaking Bad, for what I think, suffers with rhythm. Sometimes things happens in such a slow pace that I ask myself if it was really necessary to develop some scenes. Although BB has a huge advantage: the plot is solid and the screenplay has no apparent (at least for me) flaws. In the other hand, one doesn't need to be a genius to catch the holes in Dexter's screenplay.
Well, that's a lot to happen in the final episodes of BB. Actually, there's a whole season to be seen. But I can assure: it is an excelent series, despite of my extra-high expectations (at first, now i don't have them anymore). Let's see if anything seriously genius comes up, then I'll come back to tell. For now, I still prefer Dexter rather than BB, even with all the incongruences of the first one.
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário